Wednesday, April 11, 2007

pet peeves and shit

it's time for another list. this list is necessary because it's april 11th and it snowed all day. the following peeves range from slight annoyances to stuff that makes me want to punch people in the face. enjoy.

• doctor's appointments . i spent 2 hours at the doctor's office today for a 4 minute procedure only to get a prescription that would take me 25 minutes to fill. i want my 8 episodes of the office i could have been watching back.

• trite, over-punctuated, italicized taglines with quotes around them on small-business vans . ex. "Quality you can TRUST!!!"

cavities that have to be refilled just a month after they were filled the first time .

• katie couric . some people say she's a shitty reporter.*

• two spaces between sentences . it's over people. you don't have to do it anymore. now that digital type has replaced the monotype letters of old, readability between sentences is just fine with one.

• that blonde bitch on lost . quit playing games with my heart!

• drivers . i was going to list specific driving instances that suck, but that list got too long.

• the apostrophe s ('s) behind years that should never be there unless the year posesses something . like "i had fun getting high in the 1970's." there's no need for an apostrophe there. when did this start? and why--since it's wrong--does everyone still do it?

• thinking about insurance, taxes, IRAs, stocks, bonds and other confusing financial things i can never seem to wrap my head around.

• effing. snow. in. the. middle. of. april.


*oh wait, i actually can site those sources.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

You need a drink. :) No wonder we're friends...so many of those annoyances are mine as well!

6:57 AM  
Blogger JulieGong said...

I agree with AMG. I think we all should first take a drink.

"My" "pet peeves" are when "someone" calls me "julianna" when that isn't my "name." Do all the " annoy you? Sorry... I thought it was "funny"

8:25 AM  
Blogger scott c said...

Wow. You doing OK? You wanna talk about it?

Snow in April does suck.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Sexy Lexi said...

I hate most of those things on your list, too. Especially all the grown-up crap, like taxes, insurance, etc.

Oh, and to echo Julie, I hate when people call me "Alex", as if it's okay to just ignore the "IS" at the end of my name. I had a PE teacher who refused to get it right for THREE years. "Uh, uhhhh, AHH-LEX...Get over here and sit on this bench (which was pronounced more like bitch than bench).

4:45 AM  
Blogger LORMO said...

I too hate unnecessary apostrophes.

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home