Monday, June 05, 2006

don't believe anything you read on the internet...
unless it's on snopes.com

i don't know about anyone else, but i completely trust snopes with my life. is that bad? just today i got another riduculous email about a spider hanging out under toilet seats in public restrooms (link) and for a brief moment i panicked because i'm horribly arachnophobic, but then i visited my reliable Website O' Truthiness and breathed an almost expected sigh of relief. snopes has really taught me how to spot the bullshit emails after practicallly reading just the first sentence, but i still have to check and make sure. thanks snopes, if it weren't for you i wouldn't be able to pee in public without fear of spider bites, sit down in movie theatres without fear of getting stuck with an aids-filled needle, have sex knowing that coca-cola does not work as a spermacide, or be smart enough not to inject myself with pantene shampoo in an attempt to get high.

3 Comments:

Blogger JulieGong said...

Damnit! So Panteen doesn't work? I swear I was getting high all those times...

4:40 AM  
Blogger scott c said...

The Coca-cola thing is false? That explains all my recent invites to the Maury Povich Show...

and I thought I was really going to get a makeover.
sc.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Scott, remind me to never use you as a pharmacist. You'd think you would have needed to know that shit to pass classes....

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home