Thursday, April 20, 2006

somebody kill the radio star

today i had to drive to a press check downtown, which is now 30 minutes away. my car is in the shop, so my kind mother let me borrow hers and of course i forgot to transfer my cds. as i started the car, the horrifying realization hit: i have a 1 hour, round-trip drive ahead of me and i have to listen to the radio.

accepting my fate, i tuned to the station i used to listen to--a college indie-rock channel*. song number one was terrible, but i stuck it out because the radio has never been perfect. song number two sounded just like the same chaotic racket that passed as the first song. song number three involved a shrieking vocal line, some grunting and more unmelodic noise.

and that's when the radio got turned off.

ok. seriously. how the hell is this misuse of instruments and voices considered music? and good enough "music" that it gets radio play? who. listens. to. this. shit? why are these "musicians" getting paid to make more of this awful ear poison?

somebody make it stop. it's sucking my will to live.



*i've refrained from specifying the call numbers to protect the innocent.

3 Comments:

Blogger scott c said...

Holy crap you sound old.

"Those Damn Kids and their ROCK AND ROLL!!!"

Are you bummed that Ryan Adams is only putting out 1 album this month? :)
sc.

6:28 PM  
Blogger dub said...

psshhht. that crap is not rock and roll.

besides, i'm not listening to somebody who likes petey pablo.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Sexy Lexi said...

This is precisely why I converted to SIRIUS radio and never looked back. Between that and my iPod I can pretend regular radio doesn't exist anymore.

I'm such a snob.

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home