Friday, April 28, 2006

blogger's block or busyness?

i've been wanting to post. i really have. but every time i login and start to create a new post, my mind goes blank or i get distracted. so we'll just have to see where this goes i guess.

it's a week o' birthdays for cool people. and by cool people i mean scotty, my friend kjo and myself. yep, the big two five. now that kinda sounds old to me. not OLD old, but not really young either. and for the record, i'm not complaining about it because i like being an adult; it's just the first age that seems like it should come with a maturity/responsibility requirement.

the interesting thing about the mid 20s is that people are in such different stages of life during these years. for example, scotty is turning 27* and he's just graduating college to start his life as a very rich caring pharmacist. he's not yet married (ehem, ladies) or a homeowner, but after making my yearly salary in 2 months i'm sure that will change. kjo turned 26 yesterday. she has been working as an accountant for the past 3 years. she is also not yet married (ehem, guys) but is about to become a homeowner in the next few months. i am turning 25 and have been working as a designer for the past 6 years. i am married, have owned a home for almost 2 years and before i know it i'll be having kids.**

in other news, our new deck was a bit more pricey than i originally planned, so that kind of bummed me out. it looks great though, and i really appreciate magnum's dad helping us put it up. hopefully we'll still have enough money to buy some nice flowers and plants to really spruce up the back yard.


*luckily he won't care that i mentioned his age cause he's not a woman over 30.

**yikes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sexy Lexi said...

Happy Birthday Dub! And thanks for reminding me that it's time to start getting my shit together!

And just to clarify, "getting my shit together" does not include having kids any time soon. And by soon I mean not until AFTER my ten-year high school reunion, which is next year.

Shit, I'm getting old.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home