Tuesday, May 23, 2006

crack vs. lost: what's more addicting

i know, i know. i'm showing up to this party pretty late. i can't even pass it off as "fashionable" at this point. but i don't exactly trust the masses when it comes to popular movies or tv shows.* and yet, this time somebody got it right. granted i've only watched 4 episodes,** but i'm totally hooked. everything is so surprisingly good--the acting, the writing the cinematography--and watching it on dvd without commercials makes it seem more like a movie than a tv show.

now i have to prepare myself for a number of nights without much sleep because having a dvd full of lost episodes is pretty much like a having bag of chips. you can't watch just one. or it's like crack, and as soon as i get through season 1 before season 2 is out, i'll start going into convulsions.



*not to mention names, but "saw" and "who wants to marry a millionaire"

**it would have been more but there were only 4 episodes on that dvd.

9 Comments:

Blogger Raye said...

right there with you. just got into the first season DVD and COULD NOT STOP WATCHING. sad to be a year behind. Season 2 comes out in Oct.

6:50 AM  
Blogger Sexy Lexi said...

I'm about to sign up for the "Nip/Tuck" crack dvd. I've been told it's potent as well.

9:14 AM  
Blogger dub said...

oh no, october? that's so far away! at this rate i'll be through season 1 next week. :)

nip/tuck rocks, too. i've only seen a few episodes, but i would love to see the whole thing.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

I've been watching since the first epidsode of season one and haven't looked back yet! I've only missed one episode and that was because TiVo is retarded. Actually, it was my fault, but I am blaming TiVo. My life was ruined until I remembered that ABC airs the last few episodes for free online. YAY ABC! YOU ROCK!

P.S. Don't even get started with the online game they're doing. I'm warning you. It takes up so. much. time. and I still don't get everything.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Raye said...

"nip/tuck" is also on my list - just need to find the time. And I hear "24" rocks in the commercial-free DVD format as well.

3:41 PM  
Blogger JulieGong said...

I watched to first season and then I went brain dead and missed the first couple episodes of the second season. Now its too late to figure anything out. Lost DVD crack... here I come!

7:13 AM  
Blogger scott c said...

My favorite thing about Lost is calling Matt Fox's character "Charlie" (as in Salinger) and everybody gets confused with the actual "Charlie" on the show.

I should probably check out an episode sometime. Just so I'm not THAT guy.
sc

9:30 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

Scotty, too late.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Magnum D.I. said...

J.J. Abrams is the man, except for this whole MI3 fiasco, but you can't blame him for Tom Cruise being an effin nutjob. Since Dub and I are watching the 1st season together I will also chime in that so far Lost has been a big surprise to me. I thought it was going to be way overhyped, but it's actually so so good and worth every ounce of praise. The flashbacks they are doing so far to give background and depth to the characters is just fantastic. And it's alot funnier than I thought it would be as well. Is it bad I find the ex-Iraqi soldier guy the coolest character? Or am I just being glib, Tom?

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home