Wednesday, May 17, 2006

sunset's just my lightbulb burnin out

this is a post dedicated to some of my favorite song lyrics. some are funny, some a clever, some are meaningful. feel free to add to the list because i'm sure i will.

• i'm in a jam, you're in a pickle, we're in a stew.

• i saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at trader vic's. his hair was perfect.

• since my fling with you time went from popping off three times a day to popping off three times a week. and it takes me a long time to come to the memory of us.

• you're it, and this is the shit that i've been talking about.

• any chimp can play human for a day. use his opposable thumbs to iron his uniform. and run for office on election day. fancy himself a real decision maker. and deploy more troops than salt shakers... look, it's a sheep in wolf's clothing. a smoking gun holding ape.

• at the diner in the morning for a plate of eggs. waitress tries to give me change, i say "nah it's cool just keep it"

• i want my money back (and don't forget to give me back my black t-shirt)

• it seems to me that "maybe" pretty much always means "no"

• my name is sue, how do you do?

• strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky are next to mountains anyway.

• if we lived in a world withought tears. how would bruises find the face to lie upon? how would scars find skin to etch themselves into? how would broken find the bones?

• if god takes life, he's an indian giver.

• i don't want my girl doin things i could get the other girls to do*

• someday somebody's gonna ask you a question that you should say yes to. once in your life. maybe tonight i've got a question for you.

• shake it like a poloroid picture



*a little hometown nod

1 Comments:

Blogger scott c said...

This is fun. I'll probably copy you in days to come.

(I could get most of the lyrics you listed, the ones I didn't get I had to assume you made up.)
sc.

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home