Wednesday, March 22, 2006

ugh, do i have to read my email?

i've noticed that when i'm really busy like this and i work on a computer all day, it's hard to associate a computer with leisure activities. checking my hotmail even seems like "work" to me. most people love to surf the net for hours and almost die without it (ehem, amg) but when i get home, the last thing i want to do is anything with a computer.

when my work schedule is ideal*, i normally have time throughout the day to check on my favorite bloggers, read some news and make sure my bank account isn't in the red, so lately i've been feeling way out of the loop. and broke. but it seems like i'm catching a glimpse of light at the end of this tunnel of work. and i did manage to spend $150 at target** monday night, so things are looking up.



*by "ideal" i mean enough to keep me busy, but not enough to make me stay late and work through lunches

**$20 of it went to a cute new lamp for my living room. and as i was walking by it, i said outloud (of course) "i love this lamp!" which made me laugh because that's basically like saying "i love lamp." good stuff.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Strangely, I can only surf the net at work. When I'm at home and actually am "allowed" to do it, I have no interest in doing so.

8:05 AM  
Blogger dub said...

that totally makes sense. i'm the same way when i have time.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home