Friday, February 24, 2006

if i had a million dollars...

seeing those 8 people from lincoln win the jackpot got me thinking about what i would do if i ever came into that much money. i'd also like to know what other people would do, so if you actually read this, please answer the following questions.

1) what would be your first BIG purchase?
my dream car. a corvette*.

2) would you quit your job? if so, would you get another one?
i would quit my job, but would open our version of the alamo drafthouse in omaha where i'd do all of the design and advertising. i'd also hire all of my capable friends to handle the other aspects of the business. i would probably keep doing some freelance design for fun, too.

3) would you give any money to charity?
the jerkface and i discussed a plan for charitable donations if we ever had a lot of money. i think it's a good one. for every extravagant purchase (ie. the corvette, a home theater system, etc.), we would have to match the money spent on that and give it to charity. so if my corvette cost $40,000 then i'd give $40,000 to charity. actually that might make the money go really fast, so let's say we'll match half.


*probably a 2003 because i still love the flip-up headlights and the '03 bodystyle is my favorite.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

I've been reading this since you started but haven't commented for obvious reasons. But this is a post I had to comment on, because I've been thinking about these same things since I didn't win that jackpot.

1. My first big purchase? Either my dream house or my dream car. Maybe both in one fell swoop. Then I'd do something practical, like pay off my bills and loans, then I'd go on a shopping spree. In Paris! :)

2. Would I quit my job? My current one, yes. Then I'd either want to work at the Omaha Alamo or at a daycare. I wouldn't want to RUN a daycare, cause that's a lot of work, but I'd want to work at one with the preschoolers.

3. Would I give any money to charity? Definitely. Anonymously, though, I think. And if my family counts as a charity, then definitely yes, because one of the first things I'd do would be to buy my parents a new house and a couple of cars and help pay off all their bills. And probably give my grandparents and each of my aunts/uncles some money.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home