Thursday, February 02, 2006

yes, but can you eat the butter cow?

As everyone knows, this weekend is the Superbowl and as a 2nd-year tradition I will make my infamous*(**) football-shaped cheeseball--complete with dried beef “pigskin” and cheese laces. In the catergory of dairy sculptures, mine wins. Now that I'm thinking about it, I should also make the beloved football-shaped Rolo cookies.

I really like hosting parties, which I think is in my blood. My mom is an excellent hostess and from what she tells me, her mom was too. I love pulling out fun dishes that I never get to use and making food that people will enjoy. My only complaint about this particular annual party is that the Superbowl is on a Sunday night. Shouldn't the following Monday should be some sort of national holiday? Sure I can go out drinking until 2:00 in the morning on a Tuesday, but then I only have 3 days left in the week. When parties fall on Sunday nights, I have the whole week to feel like shit until I can sleep in on Saturday. Nevertheless***, it should be a good time.



*i'm exaggerating

**i don't care if everybody in the blog world uses the asterisk, it's such a wonderful literary tool and i'm going to admittedly jump right on that bandwagon

***i still can't believe nevertheless is one word. it sounds fine, but spelled out it looks pretty crazy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home