Friday, February 03, 2006

if i love sleep so much, why didn't i marry it?

If there's one thing I hate, it's waking up. It doesn't matter how late it is, or how much sleep I got, or whether or not I wake up to an alarm, or even if I'm in the middle of a horrible nightmare where the only thing that would save me from being slowly devoured by a giant spider was to wake up--I hate waking up. Not once have I awoke* and thought to myself, "man, I feel great. I'm so ready to get out of bed." Never.

I have been known to sleep until 3:00 in the afternoon on many occasions. It doesn't help that our bed is REALLY comfortable. And it really doesn't help when I have my cute little kitty sleeping on me and I don't want to disturb her. I look forward to weekends more for sleeping than anything else. The biggest thing I dislike about my job is getting out of bed to go to it. I wish there was something I could do about it because I'm consistently late for work and the thought of getting up early always puts a damper on everything for me. Even on my wedding day when I should have jumped out of bed, I wanted to hit the snooze button.

I would like to know if it's something psychological or if anything's physically wrong with me. Although once I'm awake, I really don't have problems throughout the day unless I got very little sleep the night before. I think part of it is the fact that I'm a control freak, so on the weekends I sleep really late because I want to and nobody can make me get up. Who knows. All that matters is that tomorrow is Saturday and I can sleep as late as I want, dammit. The Jerkface is lucky he proposed to me first.


* or waken, or awaken, or awoken, or woke up. do we really need this many different ways of saying one thing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home