Thursday, September 07, 2006

how a conversation with my aussie friend mate might go

aussie: hey man, what'd you get up to last night?
me: nothing much, i got pretty drunk though.
aussie: yeah, i got gassed.
me: oh cool, where did you go?
aussie: me and my mates rocked up to the bar and drank a few jugs.
me: cool. did you meet any hot girls?
aussie: nah, but there was some talent there.
me: you mean you didn't lure them in with your accent?
aussie: haha, no. i think my mate smashed a mint chick, though.

other fun aussie slang:
case of beer = slab
bottle of beer = stubby
beer cooler = eskie
koozie = stubby holder
get drunk = get on the gas
football (theirs) = footy
steve irwin = best bloke ever (ok, maybe not best, but may he rest in peace)

2 Comments:

Blogger scott c said...

I'm definitely going to use "smash a mint chick" in my walking around language.

cheers.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Yeah, I like "mint chick." I'll have to use that on me wife, arrr.

Oh wait, that's not Austrailan. That's a pirate. I'm dumb.

[Like the blog, though!]

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home