Sunday, April 27, 2008

good copywriting and a free blizzard

i'm not sure if many people truly appreciate the art of good copywriting. i know i didn't until i started working alongside some very talented people in the advertising world. my favorite style of copywriting is very conversational, so when i got this birthday email from DQ i was amused:

"The only thing better than a Birthday Blizzard treat...is a free Birthday Blizzard treat! We know what you're thinking, 'Isn't one million dollars and an all-inclusive trip to Tahiti better than a Birthday Blizzard treat?' No. No, it isn't. So, click the coupon button below, grab a friend, and get ready for one sweet birthday! Compliments of The Club."*

it's the "No. No, it isn't." that gets me. i love when i can practically hear someone talking to me when i read copy -- especially someone sarcastic.


*and yes i'm so obsessed with ice cream i'm in the blizzard fan club. shut up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Wait, how did I not know you get a free Blizzard on your birthday??? Sign me the hell up!!!

Speaking of: Happy early birthday!

Also, I too love the writing that you can hear "talk" to you. It always cracks me up. I'm easily amused. ;)

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home