Thursday, April 24, 2008

the belly

there are many forms of discomfort when it comes to being pregnant -- extreme bloating and gas, sore ligaments and joints, random aches and pains... it's a little more than i expected, but a surprising amount of discomfort subsides when i just rub my belly*. i'm not sure how it works scientifically, but i'm glad i figured that out.

i'm starting to get to the point where i'm a little shocked by the size of my expanding stomach. it feels like there's no possible way for the skin and muscles to stretch as far as they're going to need to. it kind of blows my mind.

to be honest, the fact that i'm actually pregnant still pretty much blows my mind in general. like i'll be going along with my normal day and remember that i'm pregnant and think "wow, that's effing weird." i'm guessing it's because i never imagined myself *with child* before.

only four more days until we find out if we're having a little cadence or chase!

*my own, personal budda?

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

I cannot wait until tomorrow!!! Oddly enough, I was at a party yesterday with our friend's girlfriend (you know Tommy) and she is also finding out the sex tomorrow. They're due the 13th. You guys are so close! She's HUGE though. I thought she was six or so months along when I saw her. Like, bigger than Marilyn was! You're SO TINY still. :)

7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home