Wednesday, January 23, 2008

bubble girl

so apparently when you're pregnant, you might as well live in a bubble for nine months since everything could be bad for your baby. avoid deli meat. avoid chocolate. avoid sushi. avoid air... really, the precautions seem to go a bit overboard.

one of my bigger fears about becoming pregnant was that i'd feel like i live in a bubble. i didn't want my life to change while everyone else's stayed the same. i didn't want to feel like an outcast or worse, a burden to my friends. i didn't want to lose the life i was enjoying.

so far, i'd say the changes are happening. obviously, i can't drink, and the bars i can go to around here are limited since smoking isn't completely banned in my city. i'm too tired to stay up really late like i always used to. only half my friends even know that i'm pregnant as of now, and unfortunately none of them are close to being pregnant along with me. i think it would really help a lot if i had a close friend who was going through the same physical, emotional and environmental changes i am, but wishing won't get my friends knocked up...

1 Comments:

Blogger Lara said...

Hahaha, that's awesome in retrospect. :)

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home